In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Milford Haven like this:
Milford.-- (or Milford Haven), parl. bor. and sea-port, Hubberston and Steynton pars., Pembrokeshire, on N. shore of Milford Haven, 8 miles SW. of Haverfordwest and 282 miles W. of London by rail, 369 ac., pop. 3812; P.O., T.O., called Milford Haven, 1 Bank. Milford dates from 1790, when it became the seat of a royal dockyard for the construction of ships of war. A large and populous town quickly arose, but in 1814 the dockyard was removed further up the haven to Pater (Pembroke Dock), and since that time Milford has been in a languishing state. ...
Extensive and convenient docks capable of accommodating the largest vessels are in course of construction, and with their completion Milford will probably become a great seat of trade with America. (For shipping statistics, see Appendix.) Milford forms one of the Pembroke District of Parliamentary Boroughs, which returns 1 member.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Milford Haven has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Milford Haven and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milford Haven in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milford Haven".