Place:


Steynton  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Steynton like this:

STEYNTON, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands 2 miles NN E of Milford r. station; and has a post-office under Milford-Haven. The parish includes part of Milford town, and 305 acres of Milford-Haven foreshore. Acres, 7,275. Real property, £12,679. Pop., 3,710. Houses, 663. St. Botolphs and Castle Hall are chief residences. There are some old forts. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Johnstone. The church is ancient. The p. curacy of Milford-Haven is a separate benefice. There are two endowed schools.

Steynton through time

Steynton is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Steynton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Steynton in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8828

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Steynton ".