Place:


Marloes  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marloes like this:

MARLOES, or MARLAIS, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; in the peninsula between Milford Haven and St. Bride's bay, 6 miles W by N of Milford r. station, and 10 SW of Haverfordwest. Post town, Milford Haven. Acres, 2,478. Real property, £2,947. Pop., 443. Houses, 95. The property is divided among a few. A lake here, called Marloesmere, contains leeches. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £80. Patron, the Lord Chaucellor. The church is tolerable. Charities, £5.

Marloes through time

Marloes is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marloes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marloes in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6746

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marloes ".