In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Cambusnethan like this:
Cambusnethan, par. and vil. (part of Wishaw), N. Lanarkshire, 1½ mile NE. of Wishaw ry. sta.-- par., 16,608 ac., pop. 20,823; vil., pop. 1829. The par. contains Wishaw, Newmains, Overtown, Coltness Ironworks, part of Shotts Ironworks, and other towns and vils. engaged in the iron trade. Near the Clyde, and 1¼ mile SW. of Wishaw ry. sta., is C. House.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cambusnethan has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lanarkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cambusnethan and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cambusnethan in North Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cambusnethan".