Place:


East Barnet  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Barnet like this:

BARNET (East), a parish in Barnet district, Herts; on the Great Northern railway, near Barnet station, 1¾ mile ESE of Barnet. Post Town, Barnet. Acres, with Barnet, 3,185. Real property, £7,690. Pop., 851. Houses, 167 The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester; and till 1866 was united with Barnet. Value, £695.* Patron, the Crown. The church is an ancient structure, in good condition; and belonged to the abbey of St. Albans. There are a national school, and charities £5.

East Barnet through time

East Barnet is now part of Barnet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Barnet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Barnet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Barnet, in Barnet and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/33

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Barnet ".