Place:


Littleover  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleover like this:

LITTLEOVER, a village and a township-chapelry in Mickleover parish, Derbyshire. The village stands near Ryknield-street, 2 miles SW by W of Derby; is a straggling place; and has a post office under Derby. The chapelry includes the village, and extends into the country. Real property, £4,333. ...


Pop. in 1851,551; in 1861,604. Houses, 131. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value and patron, not reported. The church is old; was restored in 1858; consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with a belfry; and contains a handsome monument to Sir Richard Harpur.

Littleover through time

Littleover is now part of Derby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleover itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleover, in Derby and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5708

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Littleover ".