Place:


Dalbury Lees  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dalbury Lees like this:

DALBURY-WITH-LEES, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on an affluent of the river Dove, 4½ miles NNW of Eggington r. station, and 5¾ SW by W of Derby. Post town, Etwall, under Derby. Acres, 1, 172. Real property, £1, 775. Pop., 263. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £206.* Patron, Mrs. E. Cotton. The church is old but good; and the chancel of it was recently rebuilt. Charities £5, with a share in some at Radbourn.

Dalbury Lees through time

Dalbury Lees is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dalbury Lees itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalbury Lees in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1760

Date accessed: 19th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dalbury Lees ".