Place:


Chaddesden  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chaddesden like this:

CHADDESDEN, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; adjacent to the Derby canal and the Midland railway, 2 miles E of Derby. It has a post office under Derby. Acres, 2,080. Real property, £4,551. Pop., 465. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. Chaddesden Hall is the seat of Sir H. ...


Wilmot, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of LichfieldValue, £89. Patron, Sir H. Wilmot, Bart. The church was restored in 1859, at a cost of £2,000. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, six alms-houses, and the Derby new cemetery, comprising 32 acres, and containing two mortuary chapels.

Chaddesden through time

Chaddesden is now part of Derby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chaddesden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chaddesden, in Derby and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4030

Date accessed: 27th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chaddesden ".