In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Street like this:
STREET, a parish, with a village, in Wells district, Somerset; 1½ mile SSW of Glastonbury r. station. It has a post-office under Bath. Acres, 2,913. Real property, £7,970. Pop. in 1851, 1,647; in 1861, 1,898. Houses, 381. The property is subdivided. There is a large sheepskin, rug, and shoe manufactory. The living is a rectory, united with Walton, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £675.* Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church is later English and good. There are four dissenting chapels and two public schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Street has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Street and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Street, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Street".