In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nocton like this:
NOCTON, a village and a parish, in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands on a small rivulet between Lincoln heath and the Cardyke, 5¾ miles S W by W of Bardney r. station, and 7½ S E of Lincoln; and has a post-office under Lincoln. The parish comprises 5, 340 acres. ...
Real property, £7, 329. Pop., 537. Houses, 86. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Nocton Hall, belongs to Earl de Grey and Ripon. A black priory was founded, on the site of the Hall, in the time of King Stephen, by Robert D' Arci; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Brandons and the Stranges. The former Hall was built by Sir W. Ellys, and was destroyed by fire in 1834. The present Hall is in the Tudor style; and stands in an extensive and well-wooded park. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £560.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1862, at a cost of about £6,000, defrayed by the Countess of Ripon, in memorial of the late Earl of Ripon; is in the second pointed style, modified by French colouring; displays much elegance both externally and internally; includes a mortuary chapel, containing a marble altar tomb, with recumbent statue of the Earl of Ripon; and has a tower of square basement and octagonal super-structure surmounted by a lofty octagonal spire. There is a national school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nocton, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nocton ".