The following appear as names for Farthingstone. Follow the links for what the author actually said:
|CASTLE DYKES||John Marius Wilson||Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (Edinburgh: A Fullarton & Co., 1870-72).|
|FARTHINGSTONE||John Bartholomew||Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887).|
|John Marius Wilson||Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (Edinburgh: A Fullarton & Co., 1870-72).|
These names were used for units associated with Farthingstone. Click on the links for details of the units and their names:
|FARTHINGSTONE||Ecclesiastical Parish (EP)||F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 299.|
|Parish-level Unit (CP/AP)||F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 299.|
NB: These are all the names of all the administrative units which we have associated with Farthingstone, and you must judge whether all or even any of them are variant names for the place. They may well include the names of other locations or areas:
Every name listed here is linked to the particular historical source in which it appears, but we cannot claim that these are all the historical names of Farthingstone, or that our references are to the first usage of the names. Similarly, we have tried to ensure that names included here are not transcription errors by ourselves, but it is possible they are the result of errors made when the historical sources were printed, or the result of visiting authors or census officials mis-hearing local names.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farthingstone, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Place names, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2015