Place:


Hodsock  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hodsock like this:

HODSOCK, a lordship in Blyth parish, Notts; on the river Ryton, 4¾ miles NNE of Worksop. It includes the hamlets of Goldthorpe and Costrop; and comprises 4, 092 acres. Real property, £6, 294. Pop., 207. Houses, 34. Hodsock Priory is the seat of Lieut. Col. W. L. Mellish, and commands a very fine view. Hodsock Park is the seat of G. Smith, Esq.

Hodsock through time

Hodsock is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hodsock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hodsock, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7454

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hodsock ".