Place:


Combs  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Combs like this:

COMBS, a parish in Stow district, Suffolk; on the river Orwell, adjacent to the Eastern Union railway, 1 mile S of Stowmarket. Post town, Stowmarket. Acres, 2, 745. Real property, £6, 147. Pop., 1, 243. Houses, 269. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £880.* Patron, the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is tolerable.

Combs through time

Combs is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Combs itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Combs in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7096

Date accessed: 21st October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Combs ".