Place:


West Tytherley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Tytherley like this:

TYTHERLEY (West), a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants; 2 miles NNE of Dean r. station, and 7 SW of Stockbridge. It has a post-office under Winchester. Acres, 2,270. Real property, £2,660. Pop., 469. Houses, 96. The manor, with Norman Court, belongs to T. Baring, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £309.* Patron,B. Wall, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1833. There are a national school and an agricultural school.

West Tytherley through time

West Tytherley is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Tytherley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Tytherley, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5823

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Tytherley ".