Place:


East Tytherley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Tytherley like this:

TYTHERLEY (East), a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants; 2 miles NW of Dunbridge r. station, and 6 SW by S of Stockbridge. Post town, West Tytherley, under Winchester. Acres, 1,560. Real property, £3,110. Pop., 352. Houses, 76. The manor belongs to Sir J. L. Goldsmid, Bart. T. House is the seat of Gen. Yates. There are many barrows. The living is a donative in the diocese of Winchester. Patron, Sir J. L. Goldsmid, Bart. The church is early English. There is a free school.

East Tytherley through time

East Tytherley is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Tytherley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Tytherley, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4782

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Tytherley ".