Place:


Kingsley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsley like this:

KINGSLEY, a village and a parish in the district of Farnborough and county of Hants. The village stands 4¼ miles E by S of Alton r. station, and has a post office under Alton. The parish comprises 1, 776 acres. Real property, £2, 466. Pop. in 1851, 38 7; in 1861, 441. Houses, 88. The increase of pop. ...


arose from the establishment of an iron foundry and an agricultural machine manufactory. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Sherborne. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Binsted, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good, and has a tower.

Kingsley through time

Kingsley is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsley in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5749

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingsley ".