In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton upon Trent like this:
WALTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on the river Trent, adjacent to Barton and Walton r. station, and 4¼ miles SW by S of Burton. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,309. Real property, £5,962. Pop., 430. Houses, 94. The manor belongs to the trustees of the late J. L. Ridgway. W. Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £818.* Patron. P H. Fisher, Esq. The church is early English There are an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Walton upon Trent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Derbyshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Walton upon Trent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton upon Trent in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walton upon Trent".