Place:


Spurstow  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spurstow like this:

SPURSTOW, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 4 miles SE of Tarporley. It has a post-office under Tarporley. Acres, 1,797. Real property, £2,552. Pop., 594. Houses, 105. The manor belongs to Lord Crewe. S. Hall, Lower S. Hall, and Oaklands are chief residences. There are two Primitive Methodist chapels, a medicinal spring, and a bath-house.

Spurstow through time

Spurstow is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spurstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spurstow, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4571

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spurstow ".