Place:


Ridley  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ridley like this:

RIDLEY, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 5½ miles W N W of Nantwich. Acres, 1, 419. Real property, 1, 769. Pop., 129. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to Lord Cottenham. R. Hall, a fine old building, is now a farm-house. Lord Chancellor Egerton was anative.

Ridley through time

Ridley is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ridley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ridley, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1499

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ridley ".