Place:


Norton Place  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton Place like this:

NORTON-PLACE, a seat in Bishop-Norton parish, Lincoln; adjacent to Ermine-street, and to Spittal-in-the-Street village, 8¾ miles W of Market-Rasen. It belonged formerly to the Harrisons, and belongs now to Sir John M. J. Cholmeley, Bart. The grounds are a meet for the Burton hounds.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bishop Norton

Norton Place through time

Norton Place is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Norton Place itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton Place, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24607

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norton Place ".