Place:


Rhosymedre  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rhosymedre like this:

RHOSYMEDRE, a village and a chapelry in Ruabon parish, Denbigh. The village stands adjacent to the Chester and Shrewsbury railway, 1½ mile N of Ruabon; is a considerable place; and has a post-office under Ruabon. The chapelry includes the townships of Bodulltin, Hafod, and Kenrick-Christionydd; and was constituted in 1844. Pop. in 1861, 5, 305. Houses, 1, 158. Many of the inhabitants are employed in collieries and iron-works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £50. Patron, Sir W. W. Wynne, Bart.

Additional information about this locality is available for Rhiwabon

Rhosymedre through time

Rhosymedre is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rhosymedre itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rhosymedre, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23857

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rhosymedre ".