In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodfari like this:
BODFARY, or Bodvari, a village in St. Asaph district, Flint; and a parish partly in that district and county, and partly in Ruthin district, Denbigh. The village stands near the confluence of the rivers Clwyd and Wheeler, 2¾ miles E of Trefnant r. station, and 4 NE of Denbigh; and it has a post office under Rhyl, and is a good fishing-station. It is supposed to be the Roman Varis; and has yielded numerous Roman coins, urns, and other relics. An ancient camp, supposed to be British, and called Moel-y-gaer, is on a neighbouring h ill. ...
The parish includes also the township of Aberwheeler. Acres, 4,795. Real property, £5,874. Pop., 813. Houses, 187. The scenery of vale and hill is fine. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £296. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church stands on a rising-ground, and has a good tower and a carved oak pulpit. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bodfari has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bodfari and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodfari, in Denbighshire and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bodfari".