In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aberwheeler like this:
ABERCWHILER, a township in Bodfary parish, Denbighshire; at the confluence of the Cwhiler and the Clwyd, 3½ miles NE of Denbigh. Acres, 3,346. Pop., 430. Houses, 99. Here is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aberwheeler has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aberwheeler and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aberwheeler in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aberwheeler".