Place:


Glusburn  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glusburn like this:

GLUSBURN, a township in Kildwick parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Aire, near the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 4 miles S of Skipton. It contains the village of Crosshills. Acres, 1, 516. Real property, £5, 133; of which £730 are in mines. Pop., 1, 475. Houses, 306. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Glusburn through time

Glusburn is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glusburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glusburn, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12734

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glusburn ".