ALPHETON, a parish in Sudbury district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Stour, 7 miles N of Sudbury r. station. Post Town, Lavenham under Sudbury. Acres, 1,202. Real property, £1,844. Pop., 298. Houses, 69. The property is not much divided. The parish is a meet for the Suffolk hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £275.* Patron, the Rev. W. J. Aislabie. The church is tolerable.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Alpheton CP/AP Sudbury RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.