In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alpheton like this:
ALPHETON, a parish in Sudbury district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Stour, 7 miles N of Sudbury r. station. Post Town, Lavenham under Sudbury. Acres, 1,202. Real property, £1,844. Pop., 298. Houses, 69. The property is not much divided. The parish is a meet for the Suffolk hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £275.* Patron, the Rev. W. J. Aislabie. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Alpheton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Babergh. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Alpheton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alpheton, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Alpheton".