NEWTON and BIGGIN, a township in Clifton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; 1½ mile N of Clifton village. Acres, 1, 160. Real property, £2, 739. Pop., 282. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to W. M. Parsons, Esq. Cave, the friend of Dr. Johnson, and the originator of the Gentleman's Magazine, was a native.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.