In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton like this:
NEWTON and BIGGIN, a township in Clifton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; 1½ mile N of Clifton village. Acres, 1, 160. Real property, £2, 739. Pop., 282. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to W. M. Parsons, Esq. Cave, the friend of Dr. Johnson, and the originator of the Gentleman's Magazine, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Newton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rugby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Newton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Newton".