BUGLAWTON, a township-chapelry in Astbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Dane and the North Stafford railway, 2 miles NE of Congleton. Post Town, Congleton. Acres, 2,852. Real property, £8,127. Pop., 2,014. Houses, 411. B. Hall is the seat of the Pearsons. There are several silk-mills and a cotton-mill. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160.* Patron, the Rector of Astbury. The church is good. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Astbury AP/CP Buglawton Ch/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.