Place:


Buglawton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buglawton like this:

BUGLAWTON, a township-chapelry in Astbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Dane and the North Stafford railway, 2 miles NE of Congleton. Post Town, Congleton. Acres, 2,852. Real property, £8,127. Pop., 2,014. Houses, 411. B. Hall is the seat of the Pearsons. There are several silk-mills and a cotton-mill. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160.* Patron, the Rector of Astbury. The church is good. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.

Buglawton through time

Buglawton is now part of Congleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Congleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buglawton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buglawton, in Congleton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/800

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buglawton ".