CHILVERS-COTON, a village and a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Coventry canal and the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 1 mile S of Nuneaton; and has a station on the railway. The parish includes also Griff hamlet, Arbury Park, and Nuneaton workhouse; and its post town is Nuneaton. Acres, 3, 730. Real property, £12, 884. Pop., 2, 764. Houses, 624. Ribbon-weaving and coal mining are carried on. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £106.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are Independent, Wesleyan, and Roman Catholic chapels, a large free school, and charities £250. See Arbury.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Chilvers Coton AP/CP Nuneaton PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.