Place:


Chilvers Coton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilvers Coton like this:

CHILVERS-COTON, a village and a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Coventry canal and the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 1 mile S of Nuneaton; and has a station on the railway. The parish includes also Griff hamlet, Arbury Park, and Nuneaton workhouse; and its post town is Nuneaton. ...


Acres, 3, 730. Real property, £12, 884. Pop., 2, 764. Houses, 624. Ribbon-weaving and coal mining are carried on. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £106.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are Independent, Wesleyan, and Roman Catholic chapels, a large free school, and charities £250. See Arbury.

Chilvers Coton through time

Chilvers Coton is now part of Nuneaton and Bedworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nuneaton and Bedworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chilvers Coton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilvers Coton, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8677

Date accessed: 18th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chilvers Coton ".