Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TREVOR

TREVOR, a village, two townships, and a chapelry, in Llangollen parish, Denbigh. The village stands on the Ellesmere canal, adjacent to the Ruabon and Llandrillo railway, 3 miles ENE of Llangollen; and has a r. station. -The townships are T.-Issa and T.-Ucha. Real property, £2,179 and £3,135; of which £165 and £100 are in railways, and £788 in T.-Ucha in quarries. Pop., 628 and 695. T. Hall is the seat of Misses Thomas. -The chapelry has no defined limits. Post town, Llan-gollen. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £87. Patrons, Misses Thomas.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village, two townships, and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Llangollen AP/CP       Denbighshire AncC
Place: Trevor

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.