Place:


Trevor  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trevor like this:

TREVOR, a village, two townships, and a chapelry, in Llangollen parish, Denbigh. The village stands on the Ellesmere canal, adjacent to the Ruabon and Llandrillo railway, 3 miles ENE of Llangollen; and has a r. station. -The townships are T.-Issa and T.-Ucha. Real property, £2,179 and £3,135; of which £165 and £100 are in railways, and £788 in T.-Ucha in quarries. ...


Pop., 628 and 695. T. Hall is the seat of Misses Thomas. -The chapelry has no defined limits. Post town, Llan-gollen. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £87. Patrons, Misses Thomas.

Trevor through time

Trevor is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trevor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trevor, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21637

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trevor ".