Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MAES-MYNIS

MAES-MYNIS, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; between the rivers Irvon and Donhiw, 1 mile SW of Builth town and r. station. It contains the village of Nantyrarian; and its Post town is Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 4,012. Real property, £1,328. Pop., 239. Houses, 42. The liVing is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £128. * Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is ancient, and has an old font. Charities, £8.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Maesmynys CP/AP       Builth PLU/RegD       Brecknockshire AncC
Place: Maesmynys

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.