Place:


Maesmynys  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maesmynys like this:

MAES-MYNIS, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; between the rivers Irvon and Donhiw, 1 mile SW of Builth town and r. station. It contains the village of Nantyrarian; and its Post town is Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 4,012. Real property, £1,328. Pop., 239. Houses, 42. The liVing is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £128. * Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is ancient, and has an old font. Charities, £8.

Maesmynys through time

Maesmynys is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maesmynys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maesmynys, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6737

Date accessed: 17th October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Maesmynys ".