Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WILLINGHAM (South)

WILLINGHAM (South), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 7 miles SE of Market-Rasen r. station. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,900. Real property, £3,074. Pop., 340. Houses, 66. The manor belongs to F. Heneage, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450. Patron, F. Heneage, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower of 1841. There are two Methodist chapels.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: South Willingham CP/AP       Louth PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place names: SOUTH WILLINGHAM     |     WILLINGHAM     |     WILLINGHAM SOUTH
Place: South Willingham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.