Place:


South Willingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Willingham like this:

WILLINGHAM (South), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 7 miles SE of Market-Rasen r. station. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,900. Real property, £3,074. Pop., 340. Houses, 66. The manor belongs to F. Heneage, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450. Patron, F. Heneage, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower of 1841. There are two Methodist chapels.

South Willingham through time

South Willingham is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Willingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Willingham, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14078

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Willingham ".