Place:


Little Bowden  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Bowden like this:

BOWDEN (Little), or Bowden-Parva, a parish in Market-Harborough district and county of Northampton; ½ mile S of Market-Harborough. It includes the hamlet of Little Oxenden; and its Post Town is MarketHarborough, under Rugby. Acres, 1,670. Real property, £5,492. Pop., 486. Houses, 108. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, the Rev. T. W. Barlow. The church is good; and there are charities £76

Little Bowden through time

Little Bowden is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Bowden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Bowden, in Harborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8076

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Bowden".