Place:


East Farndon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Farndon like this:

FARNDON (East), a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the Grand Union canal, 2 miles SSW of Market-Harborough r. station. Post town, Market-Harborough, under Rugby. Acres, 1, 070. Real property, £3, 448. Pop., 242. Houses, 57. A mineral well is here, called Caldwell spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. The church has a tower, and is tolerable. Charities, £31.

East Farndon through time

East Farndon is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Farndon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Farndon, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7925

Date accessed: 27th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Farndon".