Place:


Thelnetham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thelnetham like this:

THELNETHAM, a parish in the district of Thetford and county of Suffolk; on the river Little Ouse, 6 miles WNW of Mellis r. station, and 10 ESE of Thetford. It has a post-office under Harling. Acres, 1,773. Real property, £3,048. Pop., 516. Houses, 106. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £508. Patron, the Rev. E. H. Sawbridge. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £34.

Thelnetham through time

Thelnetham is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thelnetham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thelnetham, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7785

Date accessed: 27th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thelnetham ".