Place:


Broughton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, 4½ miles W of Somersham r. station, and 5 NE of Huntingdon. Post Town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,950. Real property, £2,707. Pop., 376. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £283.* Patron,-the Rev. G. Johnston. The church was recently restored.

Broughton through time

Broughton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7158

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton ".