Place:


Kings Ripton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Ripton like this:

RIPTON (Kings), a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3¾ miles N E by N of Huntingdon r. station. Post-town, Huntingdon. Acres, with Sapley, 1, 210. Real property of R. K. alone, £1, 279-Pop., 267. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Magdalen college, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £232.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Kings Ripton through time

Kings Ripton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kings Ripton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Ripton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7364

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kings Ripton ".