Place:


Hackford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hackford like this:

HACKFORD BY REEPHAM, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on a branch of the river Wensum, contiguous to the W side of Reepham parish, and 7 miles E by N of Elmham r. station. It includes a suburb of Reepham; and its post town is Reepham, under Norwich. Acres, 754. Real property, £3, 652. ...


Pop., 761. Houses, 178. The property is divided among a few. Hackford Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Whitwell, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £328. Patron, G. H. Holley, Esq. The church was burnt in 1600; and now the church of Whitwell serves also for Hackford. Charities, £27.

Hackford through time

Hackford is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hackford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hackford, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6061

Date accessed: 30th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hackford".