Place:


East Anstey  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Anstey like this:

ANSTEY (East), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on the river Yeo, 4½ miles WSW of Dulverton, and 12 NNW of Tiverton r. station. Post Town, Dulverton under Tiverton. Acres, 3,245. Real property, £1,819. Pop., 227. Houses, 32. The surface is hilly; and the property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180.* Patron, T. S. Jessopp, Esq. The church is tolerable.

East Anstey through time

East Anstey is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Anstey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Anstey in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5775

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Anstey ".