Place:


West Anstey  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Anstey like this:

ANSTEY (West), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on the river Yeo, contiguous to East Anstey. Post Town, Dulverton under Tiverton. Acres, 3,008 Real property, £1,845. Pop., 299. Houses, 50. The surface is hilly; and the property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £132.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is pretty good. Charities, £7.

West Anstey through time

West Anstey is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Anstey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Anstey in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3896

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Anstey ".