Place:


Taverham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Taverham like this:

TAVERHAM, a parish and a hundred in Norfolk. The parish lies on the river Wensum, 6 miles NW of Norwich r. station; and is in St. Faiths district. Post town, Drayton, under Norwich. Acres, 2,099. Real property, £2,330. Pop., 212. Houses, 40. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to the Rev. J. ...


N. Micklethwait. There is a large paper-mill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £329.* Patrons, the Bishop of N. and the Rev. J. N. Micklethwait. The church is plain, and has a round tower with octagonal top. There is a national school.-The hundred contains 18 parishes and a part. Acres, 32,103. Pop., 8,343. Houses, 1,817.

Taverham through time

Taverham is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Taverham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Taverham, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5124

Date accessed: 30th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Taverham".