Place:


Horsford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horsford like this:

HORSFORD, a village and a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk. The village stands on an affluent of the river Bure, 5 miles NNW of Norwich r. station; and is irregular and wide. The parish comprises 4, 177 acres. Post town, St. Faith's, under Norwich. Real property, £4, 420. Pop., 665. ...


Houses, 155. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir-Thomas B. Lennard. Traces exist of an ancient moated castle of the Fitzwalters de Cadomo. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £220. * Patron, Viscount Ranelagh. The church is ancient, and was recently repewed. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a fuel allotment.

Horsford through time

Horsford is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horsford, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3465

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horsford ".