Place:


Felthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Felthorpe like this:

FELTHORPE, a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk; 3 miles W of the line of projected railway from Norwich to Cromer, and 7 NNW of Norwich. Post town, St. Faith's, under Norwich. Acres, 2, 286. Real property, £2, 050. Pop., 514. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Felthorpe Hall is a principal residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £190. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is very good; and there are charities £36.

Felthorpe through time

Felthorpe is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Felthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Felthorpe, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5147

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Felthorpe ".