Place:


Eywood  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eywood like this:

EYWOOD, the seat of Lady Langdale, in Titley parish, Hereford; 2 miles NE of Kington. It belonged to the present owner's ancestor, Edward Harley, brother of the Lord Treasurer; and it stands amid extensive pleasure grounds, containing considerable lakes.

Additional information about this locality is available for Titley

Eywood through time

Eywood is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eywood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eywood in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26076

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eywood ".